Water Sports (VTC) was put into play in the 1896 Olympics. Currently, VTC, including competitive sport: water polo, swimming, synchronized swimming, diving and snorkeling.
Before FINA organization, the competition in the Olympics, including many unusual exam content as swimming underwater (1900), 200m obstacle swim (1900), wipe away jump (1904) and springboard diving on 4m, 8m, 12m (1906). Before London Olympics, where the use of pool 100 meters long, the venue of the swimming competition at the Olympic Congress: the ocean in 1896 and 1906, the river Seine in 1900 and on Lake St. Louis in 1904 in the U.S..
The chaos of the test content and test sites along with the accompanying disagreement is fertile ground for a thousand years while the youth is the direction of the Committee of London 1908 Olympics, the category has been organized an international conference at Manchester, London on 19 May 1908 07. Final decision and the most important in this conference is the resolution on the establishment of a swimming associations worldwide.
The other Olympic competition:
- Introduction to the World Championships (1973) and World Cup (1979).
- Championship swimming pools small world, starting in 1993 in Palma de Mallorca.
- Grand Prix of diving began in 1994.
- Introduction to dancing coordination at World Cup diving since 1994.
- Introduction to water polo championships world for young women in Quebec in 1995.